Thursday, October 16, 2008

yesterday...

so i'm actually making time to write today. i'm actually quite tired but if i take a nap there's no way i'll get up to go to class in half an hour. so, here i sit. yesterday morning I woke up really really sick. i was having tummy trouble and i ended up almost passing out twice and vomiting 4 times. i was kind of at a loss as to what to do because i had a paper due and my English teacher (who is wonderful) told us this story about a girl who brought a paper to turn in on her way to surgery so that it would be on time so naturally i was worried what would happen if i didn't turn it in just because i was sick. i mean surgery...thats hard to compete with! so i drug myself to class when it was almost over just to go in and see what i missed and hand in my paper. my teacher was more or less shocked to see me, especially considering the condition i was in, and looked at me and said, "girl, go home! get some rest! just e-mail me if you have any questions." she's awesome! just yet another example of how God takes care of me. after that i went to Out-takes" to get some crackers and water to settle my stomach some. Then i pretty much just rested and rested and rested until it was time to meet up with Patty. Patty is one of my small group leaders at Chi Alpha and is my discipleship partner. She's spectacular! Anyway, we meet up on Wednesdays and this time we went to her work, "The Way", which is a christian coffee shop (which is completely delicious by the way). We sat there for like 3 hours or so and just talked and talked and ya know...talked. She gave me an adorable painting she made for me of a verse that we had talked about that i had found a few weeks ago. Its in Galations and the first thing it says is "Live creatively" i LOVE it! well anyway i would love to finish this but general psychology waits for no one! have a blessed day!!!

allie
matthew 6.34

 

3 comments:

Denira Baird Williams said...

yea!!!! i found it!!

Deena said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deena said...

I know you were sick...your dad was talking to you when I walked in his classroom!! God will never give you what you cant handle. That is why he always steps in! I love you and I miss seeing you!!!